Thursday, December 17, 2009

What I'm looking forward to...

on our Christmas break:

Being able to sleep in and not jump up and get us all ready.

Staying up late and scrapbooking hopefully.

Making mint brownies and cut out sugar cookies with my kids.

Finishing up last minute, fun shopping and then seeing how creative I can get with gift wrapping.

Driving around to see all the Christmas lights. Some are so gaudy, but some are beautiful.

Our church Christmas service.

Being with my mom's side extended family. I love getting together with all my aunts, uncles, cousins, and especially my sweet grandparents. I love singing Christmas songs altogether and this year, it will be great to hear Jonathan playing a Christmas song or two on the piano.

Giving gifts and receiving gifts. Yeah I like receiving gifts, who honestly doesn't?

The food.

Catching up on my reading.

Watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas", "Home Alone", "Christmas Vacation", "A Christmas Story", "It's a Wonderful Life", and "Elf".

Being with just Nate, Jonathan, and Seth on Christmas day. Just us, here. I will probably be in my cozy sleep pants all day.

No comments: