



Three years ago this week, our family moved from Oklahoma City to Boston. We couldn't wait to take the kids sight-seeing around such a fabulous city. One of the stops we were sure to make was the famous Duck Pond in Boston Common. This famous pond was the setting and inspiration for Robert McCloskey's children's book, "Make Way for Ducklings" . After the book was published and made famous, bronze ducks (like the one Seth is riding on) were constructed outside the pond in the garden area. The first few pictures are of us riding the duck ride on the pond a few months later.
We had such fun times in Boston, both times (with and without our kiddos). Don't get me wrong, I like being stationed so close to home/family now, where we grew up, but it's been amazing being able to live in other parts of the country. It's cultured us and our kids in ways we never could have imagined. It's not totally out of the question for us to move again, in fact, the more Nathan talks to his Commander, the more we know it's sure to happen (probably in 2-3 years). I almost wish we could go overseas...just for the opportunity. I think Nathan is going to update his dream sheet and instead of putting Barksdale, Tinker (OKC), Barksdale, Tinker, San Antonio, Barksdale, and Tinker :), he'll put Washington State, Northern California, Florida, Georgia, or Colorado.

1 comment:
I thought ya'll were here to stay! Don't tell me this! :0 Okay, I'll be happy for you if you move somewhere you will really LOVE, but we sure will miss ya'll!
Post a Comment