Monday, January 12, 2009

Tomorrow

We'll be heading for the hospital early tomorrow morning, 5:45AM for Jonathan's hernia repair surgery. Please keep us in your prayers.

Edited to say: Jonathan's home doing well since about 11AM today. His surgery was a success. The hernia was bulging quite a bit and had made a rather large tear (Dr. Banda's words) so I'm glad we got it taken care of now. Jonathan's such a tough kid...Dr. Banda wondered why he wasn't in more pain. He's got about an inch and a half incision in his little groin area...breaks my heart to look at it. Jonathan's had a rough go with the anesthesia, but he's got his appetite now so hopefully he can keep some food down. He's sore, but nothing a little Darvocet can't fix...it's time for another one.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Will update with pictures after we all get some rest. I didn't have a great sleeping night last night and had to get up at 4AM.

3 comments:

Candy said...

will pray right now, jen!

Leslie said...

I'll be thinking of him!

Candy said...

I'm glad the surgery was successful and all is well! Poor Jonathan, I'm glad he is handling the pain so well! He must have a HIGH tolerance for it. Hope all continues to go well as he heals. Thanks for updating us. :)