
look at these lips!!!! Not just his lips, but his little chin, cheeks, nose... Seth will not quit licking his lips. I mentioned it to our Ped and he said that it was due to something going on that's in the same family as his atopic dermatitis (eczema). Seth's licking it for relief. Well, I got an Rx for some stronger hydrocortisone and we've been using it religiously. That alternated with regular chapstick. Thing is...Seth will lick even that stuff! I try to sneak in at night, while he's asleep. The kid can be dead to the world and as soon as I put something on...he'll turn over, eyes closed and all and wipe it on his pillow!!
I've started with an entry on his reward chart to see if that will help. I have offered him treats, privileges, even cash if he'd just stop...no such luck. I hate to start taking away things...
Oh and this only started when we moved. His SS teacher gave me her idea on it...that it's a nervous habit at this point. I don't know...he's got to be miserable though!

9 comments:
Poor guy! I know that has to be painful!
His bright eyes show up beautifully in this picture!
I hope he gets better soon! :)
Poor thing! I hope this stops soon. Ethan has done this before, but not quite as bad. I just kept telling me to STOP everytime I saw him doing it, which I am sure you have tried.
Hey, Kristi Merril called me today and suggested something from Arbonne(which she sells cheap) for the eczema. I can give you her number;it would be worth a try.
K
Thanks Kelly...I actually used to use Arbonne 'baby' skin care for Seth's eczema, but don't remember them having any kind of cream...just lotion and bath wash. Maybe it's different. I'll chat with Kristy about it when I get home.
that looks like it hurts! My DS has eczema all over his body so I know what you're dealing with. His lips look that too; usually only the top one.
That looks pretty painful. Poor guy. I hope the solution comes soon and he will not have to go through anymore of this. I wish I had an answer to fix it for you :(
Hey Jen it's Michelle Jenkins from church, found your blog while commenting on someones so I thought I would be a regular visitor :) Poor thing...my kids both have eczema, but nothing like this around his lips. Theirs stay on their cheeks, knees, tummies, backs and feet, but this looks painful. I suppose if it hurt him bad enough he would stop, but it's hard to kick a bad habit. Maybe put the medicine on him and then set a timer, if he can go five minutes without one lick give him a little goodie, and each time you re-medicate, set the timer for a minute longer, I don't know, just a suggestion. :)
awwww poor seth. Kynlee does that too, not near as bad, but it still looks and feels bad.
My pedi says its cuz Kynlee gets fever blisters and its a variation of that virus.
Thank you so much Michelle for the reward idea...I'm serious about implementing this suggestion started tomorrow! He's doing lots better, but he still licks.
Post a Comment