Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Just a little idea for Teacher Appreciation

For teacher appreciation this year, I got Jonathan and Seth's "main" teachers gift cards to their favorite restaurants. I try to do something significant...1) because I know how much work they put into their professions even though they are underpaid and 2) because I know they invest alot of time in my own kids and I want them to feel appreciated. Gift cards are kinda boring and I wanted to do something creative so I added a couple more gifts. I gave Seth's teacher a cute little paint pail full of candy bars with a cute poem using the names of those candy bars in the poem. I copied it from Nothing But Country I gave Jonathan's teacher a 31 Gifts bag (I got it on sale for $9!) that I got mongrammed with "Mrs. Wilson" on it stuffed full of teacher supplies...paper clips, post it notes, pens, highlighters, sharpies, hand sanitzer, kleenex, notecard with her initial on them, mints, etc.

I always feel like the "specials" teachers are a little neglected. I can't do much because of low funds (ha!), but I want to do something so this is what I came up with this year. Cute huh? These fun sized bags of M&Ms are usually only $1 a bag. I include the music teacher, art teacher, PE teacher, librarian, and Jonathan's FOCUS (gifted and talented) teacher.

No comments: