Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Spaghetti Sauce

I've been meaning to share this recipe for a while. This sauce is wonderful! For those of you that read and are familiar with Monjuni's in Shreveport/Bossier...it tastes very similar to it. This was given to me by my dear friend Jill Browning who I miss SO SO much! She supplies me with the molasses from a special store that is located in Coushatta, LA, close to her parent's in Martin. You can certainly substitute with plain molasses, but not guaranteeing it will be as good as what I get. :) Oh and this is the sauce I use in my lasagna.

1 32 oz jar/container Ragu chunky garden style pasta sauce
1 can Rotel tomatoes
2 T Molasses (you could also try just regular pancake syrup maybe)
1 T prepared Mustard (wierd, but it makes it!)
1/4 cup sugar

Bring all ingredients to a boil and boil for a few minutes, stirring often. Bring to a simmer over low heat and simmer for a couple of hours...the longer the better really. This sauce gets better the longer it "sits" so you could prepare it early. Also, it freezes well. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Thanks for sharing these recipes. I am so happy to be cooking again...we were in hotels forever. These look like something my family will like.

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to notice I was moving to Korea and to introduce Betty and I. She is the NICEST EVER. Blogging has really put in places to meet people I need to meet. On my blog you can see back in March of 2009 how I met a lady through blogging that lived in my very town and one week after meeting her she help me to see that Madi had diabetes....she went with us to the hospital since Steve was out of town. It's just amazing to me how we are so lucky to have people placed in our lives in such mysterious ways.