Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Barksdale AFB Air Show 2010

This past Sunday, we went to the airshow on base. We had a great time, as usual! Got a little sunburned (you'd think after like 10 airshows, I'd know better!) though. Here are some photos I took. The Thunderbirds performed. They are amazing! I am always in awe at their skill and precision. They are the best of the best. Also, got a full tour of Nathan's favorite, the KC-10. Back before going over to the darkside of recruiting, Nathan used to be an electrician on the KC-10. It's such a neat plane with an amazing mission. They refuel planes in the air! Jonathan was so fascinated by it! He wants to be a pilot when he grows up and he told the pilot on the 10, "I'm going to fly this one day!"...of course made Nathan's day! I have flown on the 10 twice. The first time, I even got to sit in the cockpit during the landing! Both times, I got to see an actual refueling of planes in the air, right in the "bottom", not sure of the technical term where the Boom Operator sits. What a neat job, Boom Operators sure have to have a steady hand! I'm grateful for the experiences and grateful for being able to see that plane again. The first plane, after the Thunderbirds is a C-130. Nathan's cousin Chris that comes to see us once in a while from Little Rock AFB flies one of these. The one pictured though came from Keesler AFB, MS. This plane is a "Hurricane Hunter"...actually flying right into hurricanes for forecasting! Neat too, it's all Reserve mission! Jonathan had a blast watching the planes, but he seemed more interested in touring the displayed planes instead of actually watching the show. Seth of course was all about the silly, $4, blow-up, plastic, machine gun! Ha!





1 comment:

Jeni said...

How fun!