
Even though I wasn't fond of the idea of getting a dog, I have to admit I kinda like her! Nathan and Seth brought our new German Shepherd puppy, Carly home two weeks ago. She was just 6 weeks old! I can't believe how smart she is! She's doing very well with housebreaking, but I wish she wouldn't nip so much! Any ideas on how to break her of that?

3 comments:
Puppies unfortunately just DO that. You can minimize the nipping by not allowing anyone to play any "nippy" games - absolutely NO games like tug of war or anything like that. DON'T swat her nose - it just encourages more nipping - but rather, give her a firm NO every time she does it and immediately end whatever you are doing (be it playing, cuddling, whatever). And, of course, make sure she has plenty of toys that she CAN chew on.
Dunc (our chocolate Lab) was our nipped - we used things like Buster Cubes to keep him occupied, tossed toys for him to chase after, and got big chewy things like Kongs for him.
He did, eventually, outgrow it.
She is adorable!!!!!
Carly is too cute!
Post a Comment