Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Catching up...Nathan's birthday with family

Nathan turned 38 on the 31st of January so we went to Texakana and celebrated with his family. I'm posting these so late because I just now got a card reader so I could download pictures. I'm so frustrated that my Rebel won't do it on it's own anymore. I'm planning to send it in, but I don't have another camera to use in the meantime.

Great picture huh?! We went to On the Border for lunch. We like On the Border and eat there alot when we visit because Shreveport's just went out of business.

Nathan's mom made his cake. Nathan is one of those freaky people that doesn't like dessert or chocolate (wish some of it would run off on me!) so when he does eat cake, he likes his mom's homemade white cake with fluffy white frosting. That's alot of candles on that cake!


My in-laws have this great tree for climbing in their backyard. Seth always wants to climb so that gives Nathan an excuse to show off some of his crazy "Spiderman" abilities too. If you read my facebook notes, you'll know that Nathan is an amazing climber! He's so agile and balanced! Jonathan takes after me (he has a fear factor) so you'll see no pictures of that boy in this tree...ever!

Yes I was a nervous wreck with Seth being that high!

My mother in law always asks for us to pose for a family photo...good thing because it hardly ever happens otherwise.

Seth was just fine up there, but when he started to come down, he got scared!


And yes, he just had to go up one more time! Luckily dad was down to help this time.

1 comment:

destiny said...

I loved climbing trees when I was little. I used to climb a Magnolia tree at my grandmother's. When we were home last weekend, I wanted Emma Kate to give it a try. Its not as easy as it used to be! I was a little more careful now than when I was a kid! I made it up about two limbs. Emma Kate had fun on about the first limb! Hurricane Katrina claimed a lot of the good limbs and the whole top of the tree!
It looks like Nathan did really well!