Thursday, December 04, 2008

We have a reader!!

I have tried for sometime to get Seth interested in reading, but haven't had that much luck. I mean he loves his bedtime story and all, but as far as just taking time out from the day and sitting down to read for a while, he really didn't want to bother. From day one, Jonathan has had such a passion for reading...his first word was even, "book". Seth's more the busy, atheletic type. :) Anyway, recently, as we were getting ready for bed trying to find a book to read together, Seth ran into his room, grabbed the Dick and Jane book from the shelf and said, "You know "I" can read don't you?" Nathan opened the book and Seth read the beginning pages like a pro! Honestly we were shocked! Now I know Dick and Jane is a beginning reader book (it's great for repetition), but Seth was sailing right through it! I asked Mrs. Penton the next day and she said, "Oh yes! Seth's my reader in class. He reads for me all the time!" And here I thought "I" was the one who had to teach him to read. ;) Oh and he hasn't let up at all. He's even asking to go to the Library and Books a Million!

3 comments:

Candy said...

That is so great! Ethan started reading Dick and Jane last year about this time too! Watching them learn something new is so exciting!!! :)

Betty said...

Fantastic!

Ashlie said...

That's awesome! I spent countless hours as a kid with my nose in a book! It's great!