Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bunco Update

Well so far we've got 6 ladies interested in Bunco. I'm thinking that surely one of you that's interested knows someone else who would be too. I'm pretty sure one of my friends from work will do it and then one of our mutual friends as well. So it's pretty much down to 4.

I'm thinking of starting it at the end of August and I would host the first meeting. I have a Bunco set and plenty of seating/table space.

Before, when we lived in OK, I played Bunco with a group of ladies from my church. Each month, one of the group members hosted the game at her house (you'd only have to host once a year). The month we hosted, we were responsible for a dinner (most of the time a light dinner with a dessert) and then the prizes. Now when I was involved in a Bunco group with the squadron spouses in MA, we were a little more "risk-ay" and just played for the prize money. I'm not a gambler don't get me wrong, but I was fine with this. With this group, we had potluck and did a theme each month.

What do you all think? Ideas, opinions, etc? Please comment.

3 comments:

canscrap4u2 said...

money is fine with me.

Betty said...

money is fine with me. regarding Dinner I don't mind to cook so I am fine with both ideas.

Candy said...

When I played before, we all paid $10 a month to go towards the host buying the prizes or giving cash away. The hostess was responsible for buying the gifts/or giving cash and providing the meal.