Wednesday, May 14, 2008

AWANA Award Night

Tonight was Eastwood's AWANA Award Night. It's always so much fun to see the kids get their awards for all their hardwork that year. AWANA is a ministry that is near and dear to my heart (and Nathan's). Next year, I hope to work in TnT, but Nate will remain in Kindergarten Sparks. I say more power to him in being able to be with Seth! I think for the both of us (Seth and me), it will be better if we aren't together.

Can you all believe the 'camera queen' left and forgot her's??! So when we got home, Jonathan (and me, with Seth trying to get in there..hee-hee!) posed for a few quick photos.


Jonathan got this medal. He was SO excited and surprised to get this award. I'm so glad he got it because he was bummed that he didn't finish his Sparks book 2 this year. We had such a transition moving here and starting a new club and he had some issues and lost some interest. Thanks to Mr. Terry Shaffer (we love the Shaffer family), he got Jonathan interested in coming back and really getting into it again. Jonathan did 10 sections in his last club meeting, including the books of the Old Testament and the entire 23rd Psalm! He was awarded May's Clubber of the Month. BUT, Jonathan was shy of a couple of green jewels to finish. We will work on them this summer and he'll be raring to go next fall.

Jonathan with his participation certificate.

3 comments:

destiny said...

We miss AWANA!!

Betty said...

Congratulations Jonathan!

Candy said...

That is awesome! Thanks for being so committed to AWANA, Jen. I really appreciate you. Ethan told me he saw you at school yesterday and he said,"she didn't even have on her AWANA shirt". Ha!