Thursday, January 10, 2008

I couldn't start work today...

because the Director is out sick with a tummy bug and she's the only one that can process my paperwork, etc. SO...I'll start next Tuesday. That's ok. I know they are so short handed though...with them having to get a sub for the 4 year old class until I can start and then I guess this bug is going around there with a vengence.

I didn't leave Seth mainly for that reason and for the fact that I feel odd leaving him there without me paying/being there working. Oh well...I have a few things I need to do anyway.

Also...
Last night, Nathan was driving home from work and he had a "slight" accident. He'd KILL me if he knew I was sharing this here, but I think it's essential to reiterate the importance of not using electrical devices while driving.

Anyway, rewind to last night...about 45 minutes until we are supposed to be at AWANA. He calls me...he'd veered off the road and slammed into a culvert with a large curb...hit it, blew out the tire, and dented the rim. :( I mean it could've been ALOT worse, especially after hearing that a woman about two hours earlier, flipped her car, was ejected from it, and died not two miles away. Three other people were seriously wounded.

When he called, I asked him what happened...he was embarrassed and hesitant to say that he was sending his boss a reply to an email on his blackberry. :( Insane.

Hopefully a huge lesson was learned. Needless to say, we didn't make it to AWANA and now we are going to have to even budget more for the repairs to the car/tire. I'm going to help out with that today.

And it's not just electrical devices...it's senseless to concentrate on anything else (eating, reading, smoking, distractions, etc) while driving.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad Nathan's okay!

Gayle said...

Glad he's okay, but shame on him ;)

Anonymous said...

OMG...it really could have been worse!! Glad he is ok!