Friday, October 26, 2007

Thankful for friends, new and old

I have met the most amazing friend, yes I already call her a friend, in LA where we are moving. I 'met' her through a church website that I contacted to get information about AWANA, Bibl Studies, Children's and Women's ministries, etc. She facilitates the scrapbooking group at the church and she emailed me right away.

Kelly gave me so much information that has been so helpful regarding our move. She lives in the neighborhood where we are buying. We are buying, mainly due to her recommendations and information as well as we knew that's the school where we wanted to boys to be. We are going to live on the next street over from her.

Well, when we went there earlier this month to house-hunt, I met Kelly in person and she's such a sweetheart. She's an Air Force wife that's a SAHM and really involved in her daughter's life. A neat thing is that we were stationed at Tinker AFB in OK at the same time! Anyway, we have SO much in common...I knew that right off the bat , but even more so when I went to her scrapbook room! LOL! :)

Anyway, she has been so diligent about sending us pictures and giving us the scoop on the development of our new home. She's let us know that the yard has been fully sodded, the appliances are in, the hardwood and ceramic tile have been installed, all the light fixtures and faucets are in, the upstairs was drywalled, painted, and trimmed. The tumblestone backsplash was being done yesterday as well as the carpet being installed. We are almost finished! I'm so excited!

Like I said, Kelly has been a gem. It's so nice to have a contact there and I look forward in getting to know her even more. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad to leave the wonderful friends I have here and I know it's going to be so extremely hard. But on the other hand, I'm so excited about making new friends and connections and know that it will all work out.

And on this note, it's going to be super super nice to have my lifelong best friend/cousin only an hour and a half away. :) I'm excited MP!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen that is WONDERFUL that you have a friend there already that is helping u so much...takes a lot of the stress out of all of it.
I absolutely can not wait to see your house!! Trans-Siberian Orchestra (we love them) is going to be there in Dec and I told Mike that we are going and hopefully we can see ya'll!!!

Leslie said...

this is wonderful! I think this will really help make this move even better for you. you already will have someone there to lean on...that's the toughest part of the new move for me (starting over trying to make friends and it taking too long). I am excited to see photos of your house...tell Nathan to get on it and load those pics asap!