compare kids, but I can't help it. Some of the things Seth does, some of the things he comes up with. Jonathan would've never... Of course Jonathan has his moments, but none like this. I hardly have to get after him and it's always been that way. But Seth...wow...
Here's what happened today, a friend and I went to the local scrapbook store. I was good, going by my budget...just getting some new Junkitz paper (Extreme Boy...LOVE IT!) and a small Maya Road book to alter. As I'm checking out, guess who slips away, runs to the RED embossing powder (mess) and starts sprinkling it all over the floor. I WAS SO MAD! It's crazy how you can love someone so much, yet be SO mad at them. He challenges me. He knows he did wrong. I had a huge briefing in the car before going in, stay right with me, don't touch anything, yada yada yada...I'm constantly having to grab his hand and keep him close by (it's a small store that's crammed packed with stuff). We weren't in there no time. Is that too much to expect??? And then when I think we've escaped any damage or harm, there he goes. Yeah, it's my fault for not insisting he stay right beside me for that minute. I honestly thought he was right behind me...yeah right. Duh! Well the stupid stuff was $10 for a small little container! I don't emboss. I don't have an embossing gun. But I love this place, I'm a frequent customer, I wasn't about to leave without buying it. My friend's daughter was 'playing' with Seth over there too so she gave me $5, but she shouldn't have. So, guess who didn't get to go to McDonald's and play in the Playplace? And guess who gets NO TV today??? He's so onery and rotten. I feel like I can punish and take away all day long and he's still going to be this way. I always thought I was so consistent and consistency is the key. I'll give some of it to personality, but not all...the other part I know is my fault. :( It's depressing. I'm eating my words, one by one...ya know the ones saying, "Well my child will never do this/be like this"...sigh...
Seth has said a hundred time since, "Mommy I like you".
French Bistro Salad
2 hours ago

1 comment:
Girl, A & K are the same way. Night and day. That sounds like something K would do. Do u remember when she painted my living rooom with RED PAINT???
So sweet-"mommy i like you" awwwwwwwwweeeeeeee!!
Post a Comment