Thursday, April 12, 2007

Another Thursday 13

I love these! I'm so freaking depressed right now. It's the weather I'm sure, but I'm sick of it here. I try to make the best of it and don't get me wrong, I feel so blessed that we are all TOGETHER...I have friends whose hubbys are going to Iraq and Korea in the next month.

13 Things that Suck about being a Military Wife (beware, I'm brutally honest):

1. Not knowing where you are going to be in 6 months or less time.
2. Being so far away from family, especially grandparents.
3. Remote tours
4. Deployments and long TDYs
5. Always having to make new friends and then leaving them or they leaving you.
6. Never getting much equity in a home.
7. Base housing...enough said.
8. Having to worry about promotion. It's stressful for both.
9. The distinction and desegregation between officer and enlisted...at least it is here.
10. Having to always up and find a job or put your career on hold every three years or less.
11. Trying to explain the benefits of moving around so much to your kids.
12. Learning new areas and trying to find your way in a new place.
13. Homesickness


Yeah I know, this is so negative, but that's the way I feel right now. :(

2 comments:

Leslie said...

3. Remote tours
4. Deployments and long TDYs
5. Always having to make new friends and then leaving them or they leaving you.
7. Base housing...enough said.
8. Having to worry about promotion. It's stressful for both.
9. The distinction and desegregation between officer and enlisted.
12. Learning new areas and trying to find your way in a new place.

AMEN SISTER!

Jen said...

And see Les, I hated to complain considering what you and Scott are dealing with right now. None of the other stuff even compares. Hugs to you!