What a fun weekend we had! Saturday, a friend and I went to a yard sale and then our family went into Boston for the day. We found out that we could park for free at the Coast Guard station right in downtown Boston! Free parking in Boston is a HUGE benefit. Glad we know about it. Anyway, we had authentic Italian food in the North End...ate it for dirt cheap too! Then we headed over to the Swan boats in the garden. It was opening day, but amazingly, we didn't have to wait in line long. The boys loved it. It's really neat to see the book "Make Way for Ducklings" come to life. After that, we walked around the wharf relaxed by the water. I really am fascinated by all the huge boats.
Yesterday we went to early church...yes 8AM! We made it...can't believe it! Then I came home and cooked lunch for us and some of our friends. Our friends Kevin and Christine totally spoiled the boys...brought them firetruck and police car easter baskets, complete with sirens and enough candy to last til' next Easter! My friend Jill brought me a beautiful basket of pansies, purple ones! I love flowers this time of year especially.
After our friends left, we all lounged around and Seth went to sleep. He slept and slept and slept and then when he woke up finally, he was burning up with a fever. It was the wierdest thing. High fever all day and all night (even up to almost 104) and he's totally fine today. Hmmmm...hope there's nothing else to come.
I'm considering getting an outdoor set for our patio. Like a table with chairs and an umbrella. I think we need it when we entertain guests. Plus when the boys play in the backyard, I like sitting outside and something like that would be perfect. We'll see. Either this or some nice seating for our front porch. Our quarters are small, but we do have a nice sized front porch. I would actually love a swing!
French Bistro Salad
2 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment