Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas!

This Christmas we stayed here in Georgia. It's so hard not going to the Ark-La-Tex for Christmas, but there was no way we could do it this year. It was also nice to stay home and just be together. I would say relax, but we had something everyday and night right up to Christmas.
On Christmas Eve, we went to our church's Christmas service. Afterwards, we went to Outback for dinner. That's a big change from the huge family get together that we normally do.
Each year, my kids get to choose an ornament for the tree. Jonathan chose the Adrian Peterson one from Hallmark. We love him! He's from Texas...not far from our hometown and he went to OU so of course we love him for that reason! But he is a great athlete and person. He's had a very sad season with lots of injuries...he's not playing for the greatest team either. Not that I don't love the Vikings, but they don't have very good players right now.
Our Christmas tree. It's so junky looking! I love it though...our main tree is a mixture of most of our ornaments. I did have "MY" tree as well this year...it's black and gold and brown with fleur de lis, crosses, and crowns, but in the middle of the night, the week after I put it up...I heard a loud crash...it had fallen to the ground. :( I lost 3 ornaments and got frustrated...I just took it right down.
Christmas morning...opening THE gift...their IPod Touches.
Bright eyed on Christmas morning...and me finding my "real" camera! I have the I Phone 3 and the picture quality is horrible.
They love Nerf guns.
Our Christmas dinner guests. Our friend, Stephanie and her 5 month old twins, Eli and Avery. Stephanie's husband, our friend Robert is deployed right now and all her family is in Oklahoma. It was nice to be able to get together.
My favorite thing I got for Christmas this year! My good friend, Michele had it waiting for me at my door on Christmas Eve...what a nice surprise! She is the most giving person I know. It totally made my day! I love that it says, "Happy Birthday Jesus".
These are a couple of new ornaments I got this year. I love Glory Haus ornaments and also the Burton and Burton line as well. Seth's ornament he made at school. So cute!
I hope you all had a Merry Christmas too!

No comments: