Tuesday, August 02, 2011

1st Day of 3rd and 5th grade!

It's crazy, but school started here on August 1st. We get alot of week long breaks throughout the school year, but I'd rather have a longer summer. It's still so hot! Oh well...ready or not, the boys started yesterday! Seth with his 3rd grade teacher, Ms. Prizer. A couple of the teachers I work with...their kids had Mrs. Prizer in previous years and just raved about her. Well from the first time we met her, which was Friday's open house, I knew they were right! She has a sweet, loving spirit and seems so nurturing. Right away, she ASKED Seth if she could give him a hug. :) I loved that. Seth said he had a great day and he loves her already.

Jonathan with his 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Jackson. I know Mrs. Jackson from volunteering at the school last year. She is an amazing teacher and has a genuine love and passion for kids. She is the kind of 5th grade teacher everyone should have...like I did with my 5th grade teacher, Miss Guire. Jonathan's going to have a great year...he will switch classes for Reading and Science and Social Studies and he will go to FOCUS (Gifted Program) one day a week. I'm so proud of Jonathan...he works so hard. I can't believe this will be his last year of elementary school.

I had to write about the Lego shoes. Seth needed new shoes to start the school year of course. I took him to Shoe Carnival and normally, I always make suggestions (strong ones!) about the shoes he should have, but this year, he spotted these shoes and ran right to them. At first I thought about refusing to get them when he asked for them, but no...I could tell he wanted them so badly that I told him, "OK!"...he was like, "Really?!"...he held them in the car on the way home...he looked at them several times that evening...and then he slept with them that night! I kinda get that...shoes sure make me happy too! Oh and yesterday, he was upset when he got home because his shoes had a little dirt on them!

My sweet boy going to a new school. Yay! He and Jonathan are at the same school this year!

Off they go! I have to say, I worked alot of yesterday in my classroom at my school, but all day I wondered how they were doing and I missed them. Summer ended too quickly here for sure.

4 comments:

Candy said...

SO glad you already love their teachers. It is so hard to believe they are already back in school though! I hope they have a wonderful school year! :)

destiny said...

Wow...you started earlier than us! Today is our first day. Can't believe its already here! Didn't we just get out!?

Leslie said...

love the shoes! Jacob would have so wanted a pair too!

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.