Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving, we went home to TX/AR to celebrate with our families.
First: Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family at her home.

My aunt makes fabulous cakes! Inside and out!

Seth and his cousin, Taylor. Seth's just 4 months older.

The "big" table.
Boy cousins. It's so fun when they get together and get to hang out and play. Dawson, my cousin to the left is just a couple months younger than Seth and then there's Taylor again who was born two months after that.

The "kid" table...although we aren't really the kids anymore...now we are having and have had for a while actually kids of our own.

My cousin Brian starting a football game after dinner.

My mom has four brothers and one sister...all her brothers are older and then her sister is younger. Everyone was there except my aunt. These two brothers are right above her in age.

My sweet Papaw Walker with his great-grandbabies...as he still calls them. And my mom is in the picture too. My Papaw is very sick. He was diagonosed with esophageal cancer two years ago...his oncologist gave him a great health report after surgery, radiation, and chemo, but then just a year later, it came "back" and has spread to his bones. My grandfather is in great spirits and he is an amazing Christian man. He knows his eternal home awaits him in Heaven and he says he's ready. But it's hard for us to think about life here on earth without him...he's the partriach of our family and my biggest Christian influence. I love him so much.

De-De and her grandsons.

My cousins, Emily and Jack, brother and sister acting silly, but actually getting along at this very moment!
Jonathan showing Papaw Walker how to work his tranformer. Look at my poor, sweet Papaw acting so interested. :)

My grandfather and his wife, Irma. My grandmother, Papaw Walker's wife, my mom's mother died when I was 2 so I don't have any memories of her. But after my Mamaw (love our southern terms of endearment!), passed away, my Papaw met this wonderful woman and started dating her. They dated forever, like 22 years, and then finally in 1998, they got married. So Irma is like a grandma to me and she certainly is to my boys. She takes such great care of my grandfather and I'm so grateful he has her.

Me with my cousin Mark and his son Jack. Mark and I were very close growing up...more like brother and sister instead of cousins.

My cousin Elizabeth and her daughter, Reese. I love Reese so much! She is such a cutie!

Seth with his grandpa Tim.
Next: Just a couple, and I mean only a couple...of photos I got while we were with Nathan's family. What has happened?! I used to be a picture taking fanatic!

This is funny...it's Nathan's family minus Nathan. Ha! We kept waiting for a time to get a family photo for my in-law's Christmas card and Nate was never there! He was taking a motorcycle safety course (ugh) and it lasted all weekend.
While we were there, we celebrated my mother in law's 69th birthday...and yes, I did put 69 candles on it!

No comments: