This Christmas we didn't go anywhere. It was SO nice and relaxing being able to be in our own home...not having to drive/fly anywhere, toting all our necessities on top of all the numerous gifts. We just sent gift cards home to those that we usually buy for.... Two weeks before Christmas I had surgery to repair my bladder. I know TMI...but that surgery and my surgeon were a GOD send! Anyway, I scheduled it at that time since I knew I'd be able to recover and relax...like I was searching for an excuse to slow down and enjoy the holidays and focus on what Christmas really means, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ's birthday. Isn't that horrible that we have to have an excuse to slow down? With our busy lifestyles that's pretty much the way it is with anyone anymore. In saying all that, we had a great Christmas. Nathan's parents and brother, Matthew came. I made a huge dinner...turkey and ham. And the biggest hit was Paula Deen's broccoli casserole! Yum! I didn't take alot of photos either. I did take photos of the kids on Christmas morning opening some of their gifts.



It was so cute, each time Seth opened a gift, he would run and give us a hug!
No comments:
Post a Comment