Saturday, February 13, 2010

Photo Cube






I have so many of these 4X4 wooden blocks, that my husband cut out of landscaping timbers, so I've decided to start altering some into photo cubes. This is one I made today. First, I sanded the block, then I painted the block and decorative wooden "feet" with a couple of coats of craft paint. I attached the wooden "feet" with wood glue and then decorated with scrapbook paper and embellishments using Mod-Podge. I then added pictures to each side also using Mod-Podge. These are so fun to create and make fun gifts too!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

awesome! I have some of those cubes..eventually I'll get around to altering them up!

destiny said...

I LOVE this!!! Where do the cubes come from? You are so crafty!!!

Jen said...

Destiny...it's actually a landscaping timber that I got at Home Depot. Nate cut them into 4X4cubes. Thanks for the compliment!

Sarah said...

Great photo cube! I've made some different types of photo cubes for our home in the past & they are so fun to make. And they make great gifts for grandparents!

Sarah

Kelly @ Make It Sparkly Mama said...

That is very cute! Love it!