Saturday, November 28, 2009

On Sunday, after school let out for Thanksgiving holiday, Nathan, the boys, Nathan's parents, and I headed to Dallas (well actually Grapevine) to stay at the Great Wolf Lodge for a couple of days. That is a fabulous place and a wonderful deal if you are military. We got our rooms for about 1/2 price! It was a great little get-away and I hope we can make it a yearly tradition for as long as we are here. On Sunday, my mother-in-law, Jeanie turned 68. We had a little birthday celebration.

I wish I had gotten more photos of the actual lodge, but I did get a few of the waterpark area. This huge bucket fills with over 1,000 gallons of water and the dumps it out every few minutes! The kids loved to be under it when it emptied! I'll admit...I did too!


We had such a fun time on the slides. It's great because our whole family (the 4 of us) could ride on a tube altogether. It sure helped Jonathan not to be scared.




I totally recommend this place, even if you aren't military. It's a fabulous little get-away and worth the price for sure. For more info, you can go here: http://www.greatwolf.com/

1 comment:

Candy said...

I'm glad ya'll had so much fun there! We are going in Jan and I'm really looking forward to it! :)