Tuesday, February 24, 2009

WW Ideas

I love getting ideas and advice and tips with what helps others on the weight loss journey, especially with Weight Watchers. Here are some ideas that I'd like to share:

I like to eat the lowfat laughing cow cheese with the Special K multi-grain crackers. It's filling and it's only 3 points. I can add a cup of grapes for another point and it's a good lunch.

I like to eat angel food cake with 1/2 cup of strawberries and 1 T of fat free cool whip for dessert. It's only 2 points.

I think whole wheat pasta actually tastes better than the regular...it cooks better imo. I can eat 2 oz of that with sauce for a nice 4 point dinner. Add a salad with all the veggies I want and lowfat dressing and it's only 5 points.

Those hostess 100 calorie snacks are a lifesaver...the chocolate cupcakes and the cinnamon ones are my favorite and they are only 1 point.

I eat baked tostitos (the scoop) and salsa for 2 points. I make my own salsa so it's even better!

Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are great for 2 points. The mint ones are my favorite.

My favorite salad to make at home is this: lettuce, tomatoes, 2 oz grilled chicken breast (you really don't need that much for a salad), Baked Tostitos, 1/2 cup black beans (or fat free refried), and salsa for only 5 points. Add fat free cheese or just a scattering of regular shredded cheese for just 1 more point. I'm learning to do without the cheese since I can't do the fat free (yet).

Corn Tortillas...you can eat 2 for only 1 point. You can steam them in the microwave, spray them with ICBINB spray, and eat with salsa and it's so yummy.

When I'm working at school, I love to take the Progresso Soups...lots for only 1 point and some for 0 points. Regular tomato soup is great too for only 1 point.

I'm a candy fanatic and every once in a while, I have to have some. 2 Laffy Taffy bars are 1 point.

My favorite sandwich to make at home is this: whole wheat pita bread with lean ham or turkey, laughing cow cheese (lowfat one) lettuce, tomato, and mustard. It's only 3 points. I like toasting the pita bread.

As I think of more ideas, I'll continue to post here on my blog. Please share what you like and what works for you as far as WW goes.

4 comments:

Betty said...

Oh my gosh Jen!
For some reason everytime that I click on your blog show me the post we interrup christmas and now I need to catch up so much. Sorry about that. I have been terrible with my blog I am way behind and I haven't had the time to comment in other blogs either. Congratulations on your weight lost, you are doing excellent keep it up girl :)

canscrap4u2 said...

Also, if you but Mission Flour Tortilla's...the Carb Balance ones...I think that's what theyr'e called, anyway, they have a ton of fiber and you can smear it with refried beans, sprinkle it with a little cheddar cheese cut it in half and grill it for a quesadilla. perfect to go with your homemade salsa. I made this a lot for dinner when hannah and carl are eating something that is just not worth the points for me...

Angela said...

Alright, girl! You are full of ideas. Thanks for sharing!

destiny said...

Can you get WW cheese at your Wal-Mart? That has saved me--I heart cheese!!
You are doing so good!!! I haven't been doing that well. Its taking me a LONG time to get to my loss. I started back before the holidays then dropped out and now I'm back. I'm going to try harder now that I have your encouragement!! You are very inspiring! :)

I started our blog. you should get a link.