Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Questionaire

I'll be perfectly honest...I just can't get into the Christmas spirit this year. Well not that much.

I've decorated the tree, sent some Christmas cards, and put little candles in the window (love it, it's so "New Englandesque"), and hung a wreath on my door, but that's it.

I haven't finished my shopping, made any fancy candy or food, wrapped any gifts, listened to any Christmas music, or watched my favorite Christmas shows.

Maybe it's because I'm working more this year. Maybe it's because we've been sidetracked with Jonathan's hernia and Seth's upcoming surgery (removal of tonsils and adenoids which we've had to postpone because Jonathan's surgery comes first). Maybe it's because my babies have birthdays this month. Maybe it's because this month marks the 1oth anniversary of my dad being gone. I don't know. But after reading a friend's blog and seeing this post, I decided to join in on the fun too. It's my first real post about Christmas I think!

You can do it too if you'd like.




Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog is gross. Hot Chocolate I love!

Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree? He wraps them.

Colored lights on house/tree or white? Definitely white.

Do you hang mistletoe? No.

When do you put your decorations up?As soon as possible after Thanksgiving. Never before. It's just not right when Christmas trees and decorations are up before. Sorry, it just isn't.

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I don't really have one except the desserts! Well, I take that back. My aunt makes this awesome cheeseball every year for Christmas Eve. I devour it! She always makes them and knows that I love them...she even makes a special one for me to take home.

Favorite holiday memory as a child? Always getting to pick out a special doll from my granDoris every year. Going on a hayride, Christmas caroling to all the old people who went to my church and then coming back to church for hot chocolate and snacks. Going to look at Christmas lights around Texarkana and then eating out afterwards. Getting to decorate my Papaw's tree all by myself (he was single and didn't care what it looked like). Making little Christmas trains out of different types of candy with my mom each year. I have lots!

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I never did the Santa thing. Yeah, feel sorry for me please! My parents just didn't go there. Amazingly, I never remember ruining it or anyone else. And yes, we play along here with the boys.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We get together with my extended family on my mom's side on Christmas Eve (same get-together where my aunt makes the cheeseball) and we draw names for gifts. So then yeah.

How do you decorate your tree? I love to decorate the tree. I use white lights on mine, multi on the kid's tree (their choice). I use ribbon for garland, bows, and nearly all the branches are covered with special ornaments. I always say I'll cut back, but I don't. Then I get more ornaments!

Snow. Love it or dread it? LOVE IT! I wish we had snow. It's really hard not getting snow here in LA. I miss it. I LOVE snow. We had it so good in Massachusetts...they have beautiful snow there alot. I'd (almost) be willing to move from here to go somewhere that it snows. Can you tell I miss snow?

Can you ice skate? No.

Do you remember your favorite gift? My Barbie Dream House.

What tops your tree? An angel.

Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Do you want me to be real here? ;) No, I love giving. Love finding the perfect gift for someone and I love giving my kids gifts. Love the reactions when I do find that perfect gift for someone.

What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night and All Through the Night.

Candy canes. Yum or yuck? Yum.

What do you want for Christmas? Quickutz Dies, a new watch, and some decent PJs (I've got to look good for January's Bunco...Charity's having a PJ night!).

Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Yes, 87 of them. :)

Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJs? I usually wear a sweater and jeans to our get-together. This year, it might be my Old Navy Yoga Pants (the stretchy ones!).

Do you own a Santa hat? No thank you.

Who do you usually spend Christmas with? Just us until noon that day...then it's Nathan's parents/brother/sister/brother-in-law.

1 comment:

Candy said...

This was fun!!! That is funny because I have new PJ's on my list too, just for Bunco! It doesn't help that mine need to be bigger than all the ones I own!