Saturday, November 01, 2008

Our Trip to Florida

I'm going to admit this...I left my camera here while we were in Florida ON PURPOSE! Yes, I didn't want to be tied down to the camera on our trip, plus we didn't do that much that was picture worthy. Well, we did get all dressed up for the award's banquet, but oh well. One of the other wives is sending me some pictures of that. We had great time! We left on Friday, the 17th...which is was our 16th anniversary! We stopped overnight in Pensacola and then drove to Orlando the next day. I love Florida! I wouldn't be too upset if we 'had' to move to Eglin, Patrick, or McDill...I guess! ;)

While we were there, Nathan attended conferences most of the time, but I got to hang out with friends, old and new. I met a wife from Hill AFB, Utah named Rochelle. We hit it off and did alot of the Spouse activities together. I got to go to a chocolate factory and make my own concoctions! I went to the new Colonel's wife/old Colonel's wife tea and got to polish up on all my military wife etiquette (ha!). I did lots of shopping in Orlando! I got to go to some of my favorite stores that we don't have here in Louisiana, like The Body Shop, Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, Macy's, Crate and Barrel, and Ann Taylor just to name a few. The Cheesecake Factory is my all time favorite place to eat so Nathan and I went there to celebrate our anniversary (late). I also got to eat at my beloved Panera Bread...several times! We went to Downtown Disney, but I have to admit, I was so glad we never darkened the gates of any other part of that place!

Each night, we'd go down and meet by the pool with several of our old friends. We got to hang out alot with Mark and Holly and Carlos and Joed, our friends that we made while stationed in MA.

The boys did great with their Ne-Ne here. She took such great care of them for us and I'm so grateful to her for allowing Nathan and me this wonderful opportunity to get away.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds great and relaxing! I'm glad you were able to have a nice time with friends.

I'm okay with no pictures...sometimes I feel trapped by my camera, too! :)

Betty said...

I bet you had a wonderful time. I am glad that everything when well!
Did Nathan won an award?