Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Box Top Box

Jonathan's teacher asked me last week if I would be responsible for their box top collection (box tops for education that come on certain products,). I said sure and made this box for the kids in his class to put their box tops. Once a month, she'll send the box home and I'll add them up. Each class has a competition and then is rewarded if they collect the most.

It was fun making this box...I just got a regular, brown, paper mache box from Hobby Lobby. I added patterned paper with mod podge to cover the entire box and then used ric rack around the base of the lid. Then I used various alphabet stickers for the top.



7 comments:

Candy said...

SO CUTE!!! :)

canscrap4u2 said...

You're so artsy fartsy! Can I say that word?

Martha said...

Cute Idea!! Good thing she asked you to do this~now I bet they have the cutest box to collect the box tops in!!!:)

destiny said...

Oh my gosh!! That is so cute--way cuter than mine!! I was the Box Top Mom for Ms. Procell's class!! I just copied a bunch of the box tops from the internet and glued them on!! You were much more creative!! :) That will make the kids really want to bring in box tops!!

Michelle said...

Love the box, I actually used to save those when Alli was just a baby and give them to my little sister for school but after they moved away I stopped, maybe I need to start saving again and giving them to ya.

Ashlie said...

Sooo cute!! You are the mod podge QUEEN!!

Unknown said...

Oh it's adorable! I am teacher stealing that idea for my class. A box top mom what's that? I dont even have a room mom!