Thursday, August 21, 2008

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 c sugar
1/2 brown sugar
1/2 c softened butter or margarine
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1 large egg
1 t vanilla
1 1/4 c flour
1 t baking soda
pinch of salt
large bag of Reese's mini peanut butter cups

Combine:1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup softened butter and beat until light and fluffy. Add:1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, large egg, and teaspoon vanilla. Blend for several minutes. Add dry ingredients:1 1/4 cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, pinch of salt. Chill dough at least two hours.

Bake: Preheat oven to 350. Bring dough out at the same time you start the oven preheating. Use this time to unwrap the PB cups. In a 24 ct non-stick (very important) mini muffin tin, place enough dough in each cup to fill 2/3 full. Bake for seven to nine minutes, or until it is starting to get browner on the edges (do not overbake because it will make the cookies too hard). Remove cookies from the oven. The cookies will have puffed a bit. Immediately, place a peanut butter cup in the middle of each cookie pressing firmly. Cookie edges should be even with or above the candy. Let set in pan for a few minutes. Remove and cool on racks for some time until the chocolate has set.

Makes 4 dozen.

4 comments:

destiny said...

oooooo...Thanks! I'm going to try them!

Candy said...

Thanks SO much for the recipe! I can't wait to try them! I always use break and bake, so lets hope they turn out good! :)

Life as Connor and Colby's Mom said...

These cookies look so good!!! I'll have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Betty said...

MMMMMMMM yummy!
I wish I can make something like that for Delany. :(
Instead I bake a cake for her and she love it!