Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Jonathan's 1st Day of 2nd Grade

Well, my big boy is in 2nd grade as of yesterday. He was so ready to go back to school. Forgive me for all the pictures, I just can't help it you know. :)


Jonathan and Seth before we left. Now Seth has not officially started Kindergarten (I'm hanging on to that as long as I possibly can!), but he had all day testing. I was fine with that, even though I have to say it sure got lonely being at home all day without him.



Jonathan with his teacher, Mrs. Cockrell. We were SO pleased that Jonathan got Mrs. Cockrell. She's such a great teacher and a wonderful Christian woman. We went to church together (she was one of Jonathan's AWANA leaders) and she's also our neighbor!

Isn't this a neat little note?

What a lovely photo huh? It's so hard to get everyone to cooporate.

Since I took the boys in the morning, they weren't able to ride the bus. But they did ride home so here they off getting off. We love their bus driver, Mrs. Walker.

Throwing one in of Seth, but just wait, he'll have his own day on Monday.

These are Jonathan's most favorite cookies in the whole world. I surprised him with them when he got home (well and after a quick trip to Sonic!).

How was your first day back to school for those that went???

10 comments:

Gayle said...

I've been anxiously waiting to hear how things went! It looks like they are both ready to go!
We did fine, and this week, B. seems much more relaxed. We find out who his teacher will be this week.

Jennifer said...

Who did Seth get for kindergarten? Allie got Mrs. Gulliot

Candy said...

How exciting, yet sad all at the same time! It looks like Jonathan and Ethan have the same backpack! :) I loved seeing your pictures!!! :)

canscrap4u2 said...

I LOVE that picture of the three guys and seth looking all goofy...you have to scrapbook it..when you think about it, it's priceless!

Angela said...

Okay, I'll be praying for Seth :). This is tough but we'll make it through it! Both of them look so big coming off that school bus.

Michelle said...

Wow, loved all the photos, and what a mom making a special treat for them!! It must be nice to get a teacher that you already know well and live so close to!

Jennifer said...

Jen, My email address is jennlong@me.com and my phone number is 707-3236. Let me know about bunco. Thanks. Christopher got Mrs. Ricketts, she seems really sweet.

destiny said...

What great back to school pictures! the boys looks so handsome!!
You must share the recipes for the cookies--they look yummy!

I got your comment about the yearbooks...When I called, they said they had ordered just enough and didn't have any extras! Oh, well! I don't really need one. Her picture isn't anywhere else in the book and the copy turned out okay! But, thanks so much for asking!

Martha said...

What a yummy surprise you had waiting for him!! The picture of the boys with your husband is so funny! I'm glad his first day went well!

Betty said...

I am right with you, the house is to quited and lonley. But is part of being a parent. It is great that they got a good teachers and the best of all that both can go together at school.