Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Best Birthday Present

This is my oldest, dearest best friend, Tobi Mechelle (she goes by Mechelle now and I'm trying to get used to referring to her as that!). Bonus is that she's my first cousin too! Her dad and my mom are brother and sister. We grew up together and then went our separate ways after we graduated high school. She went to college in Magnolia at SAU and I went to Texarkana College. I got married and she got married. She had kids and then I had kids. She moved around and I moved around.

We've been through alot together, the ups and downs, and definitely the most fun times of my life....so many amazing memories! She lives in the D/FW area now after moving from Tyler recently. I know it's kinda close, alot closer in distance than we have been previously, but with kids, jobs, and just life, it's hard to get together unfortunately. When we were in Ft Worth a couple weeks ago, we met her at the Cheesecake Factory for my birthday dinner. It was so good to see her!! I hated to leave...I felt like we were robbed of time. Thanks Mechelle (see I'm getting better!) for meeting us and just hanging out for a bit. I miss you and want to make it a priority to get together again soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW...it was sooo good to see u! I wish we had more time too! You are doing so good and have the cutest family ever!
Love ya girl!

Candy said...

Very sweet post!!! :) I hope ya'll can start seeing each other more now that you live close!
HMM...SAU sounds familiar and Tyler (we used to live there)
:)

Betty said...

Don't you hate that. To be far away from the people that you love and care. At least you guys got to enjoy a day together nothing better than your b-day.