Seth, Alyssa (darn ketchup bottle!), Jonathan, and Hannah. Seth and Alyssa are 15 days apart in age and Jonathan and Hannah are one month apart.
Kenna and Sutton. I didn't follow suit when Kenna announced she'd be having a third! :)
Our old house in OK. It's still cute, but I cringe at how they have not taken care of all that landscaping we did! And they painted the door all funky. Oh well...to each is own I guess.We had a very fun time on our trip to TX/OK. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures while in Ft Worth...well I take that back, I took some with a disposable camera at Hurricane Harbor. I didn't want to take my big Canon in the water park.
The first full day there, I took the boys to Hurricane Harbor. What an amazing place!! We all loved it! The boys were fearless...now me, I'm normally all about the rides...the scarier the better, but I got a headache on some of the rides they were so scary!
The second day, which was my birthday (yikes I'm 35 now!!) we went to Frisco and met my old best friend (she's also my 1st cousin) for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (Mechelle, can you please email that pic of us together?) and I forgot my camera...ugh. Even though it was too short, we had a great time visiting and catching up.
Then the next day, we left Ft Worth for OK. We had to stop right when we got into Norman and get our OU gear. :) Funny story...I asked Seth what kind of OU clothes would he like...shorts, t-shirt, sweatshirt, etc. Here's what he said: "Mom, OU is for losers (can you believe it?!). I'm an LSU fan now. I want an LSU shirt and some LSU crocs." So anyway, I guess that's ok. He'll certainly be the oddball in this family. Then we went to our hotel in OKC and a light dinner at Panera Bread. I MISS THAT PLACE SO MUCH! Shreveport/Bossier NEEDS a Panera Bread!
Then the second day in OKC, we went for breakfast at Panera. Their bagels are SO good...closest thing I've ever found to good northeast bagels. After that, I went to two fabulous scrapbook stores...Paper Crown and Just 4 Keeps. I did really good and only spent $30 between them. We headed over to Incredible Pizza for lunch. I miss that place too. We ate, played games, ate, rode the go-carts, and ate again. :) Then we headed over to our old neighborhood. I don't miss our old house...it looked so small (see above)! All of our neighbors (that we talked to) were on vacation so it looked so lonely over there! After that, we ate dinner at Braum's. I miss Braum's too.
On Sunday, we went over to Panera (yes again) got a bagel, and then went to our 0ld church in Choctaw (Choctaw Road Baptist Church). Our luck, our Pastor, Brother Rick had to be out of town and wasn't there. AND...it's so wierd, hardly any of our old crowd were still there. I know it's a big "Air Force" church, but still...it was discouraging and sad. Later that afternoon, after eating lunch at Poblano's and dessert at Braum's, :) we drove up to Tulsa and stayed with our friends, Kenna and Roger and their kids, Hannah, Alyssa, and Sutton. What a great time! They made us some fabulous dinner and we all had a blast just hanging out and playing. The kids all played so well together.
Then on Monday, we headed over to Pryor for a visit with Kathy. The pictures are all messed up here, how I posted them, but I labeled each one accordingly. We had such a fun time with them. They were our friends in Massachusetts...we all hit it off great. Seth and Emily were inseperable back then and it hasn't changed over these last few months. They acted like old times and hit it right off! They are so darn cute together! :) We went to lunch at Pizza Inn and then went over to a fabulous park there in Pryor. We sure hated to leave them.
All in all it was a great trip. I loved visiting, but I'm sure glad to be home and in my own bed! I don't want to leave the house and I'm done eating out for a while.
Now here are the pictures of us with Kathy's gang. Her husband Tate is in Cuba doing a remote tour. He's in the Navy and does something medical, but he'll be doing security at Guantanemo Bay handling all the detainees.
Cute kids, Emily and Seth

Kathy with Alex and Emily
Jonathan (who complained most of the time about the sun being in his eyes!), Seth, Em, and Alex.
Fun times...Nathan swinging Seth over the pond.

5 comments:
I'm glad to hear Seth has found out the truth about OU. LOL I'm glad you had a good trip.
It sounds like ya'll had a great time!!! How fun to visit friends and your old house! I love driving by our old houses. :)
Call me! :)
I'm glad you are back safe and sound!!
I love going back to look at our old houses!! Its sad when they haven't been taken care of!
Glad you had a great time. You're home now, and I think you promised a "playland" update! :)
Sounds like you had a great vacation. Isn't it funny how you revisit old things and they are how you remembered them?
I'm glad you are here in LA!
Post a Comment