Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Teacher Appreciation Gifts

I made this card for Mrs. Everage and put a gift card in it. I used my favorite line of paper from K&Co...can't get enough of this stuff!



Jonathan and I (well sordof Jonathan) made the Wilton candy mold lollipops for his teacher/class for Teacher Appreciation Week last night. He insisted on getting the fish mold at Michael's so I tried to come up with some cute, catchy phrase for the card. Was it corny or what?!

I took it up today and they all loved it. One little boy (that I tutor each week) came up to me all excited and asked me to give his mom the recipe. :)

7 comments:

Gayle said...

Now I feel more inadequate sticking a marigold in a mug! ;) Nice job!

Betty said...

they look amazing, great job!

Candy said...

LOVE IT!! How cute that he asked you for the recipe. Poor thing!!

Ashlie said...

That note is SOOO not corny! It's totally something I would come up with! Ha! I love the pops, were they hard to make? I have a whole bag of yellow candy left from my cake ball experience if you need it any time soon! See ya tonight!

destiny said...

What a great idea!! That was a good phrase to come up with.

Where do you get that K & Co? hobby Lobby?

I've always wanted to try making candy. It looks good!! yum!~

Angela said...

Just wanted to let you know...you and your cards inspired my mothers day cards. I spent $12 on paper and stuff and was able to make 3 cards and have PLENTY of supplies leftover. You cards are really beautiful.

Jen said...

Thanks for the sweet compliments everyone. Angela, you especially made my day. :)

Destiny, I get it at Michael's...but not every Michael's has it. Like the one in Bossier doesn't, but the one in Shreveport does. I love that whole line of supplies. It's called Wild Saffron.