
My mom called last night and told me my uncle (her brother) who I am very close to has prostate cancer. The poor guy can't get a break...he is in remission from Hodgkin's Lymphoma and his wife, my aunt is in remission from breast cancer. Thankfully, he receives very detailed scans from his oncologist to make sure he is still in remission and that's how this was found. He hadn't even had symptoms. The doctor says it's in one isolated area and will be easy (how do you consider cancer treatment easy???) to treat. He's deciding now upon agressive radiation or the surgery. I told my mom to give my uncle Donnie my father in law's phone number because Nathan's dad is in remission from prostate cancer going on 5 years and leading a very active life. He runs marathons and teaches at risk (extremely) kids at an alternative school! Please pray for my sweet uncle Donnie. He's in this picture with my aunt and their granddaughter, Reese. Thanks.

5 comments:
Oh Jen! They will be in our prayers for sure. ALl my Dad Family had died from cancer so I do understand your concern but have faith in God he know his will and is always for good.
We will remember to pray for your uncle. Betty said it well!!
I'm so sorry, Jen!! I will begin praying for uncle. Keep us updated.
meant to say "your uncle"
sorry!
I will keep him in my prayers, Jen. Our GOD heals! I will pray for his will to be done.
Post a Comment