Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sorry for the late update...

Jonathan does have asthma. :( They did a couple hours worth of testing Tuesday afternoon...we were so worn out after that appointment, but at least we know... The Ped was SO good about listening to me and honoring my wishes to just test him and not keep wondering or guessing or waiting. I figured she would try to put it off on the allergist, but she didn't. And just to back up, the reason the allergist didn't test before is because he wanted sound results. Jonathan had a bad sinus infection as well as an upper resipratory infection that could've affected his results.

Jonathan's on albuterol and a steroid. We see our allergist in two weeks and I'm going to talk to him about getting a nebulizer.

He's not doing that much better so far, well maybe a little. I'm not sleeping because I'm worried about him...with the asthma and him taking all these medications. I'm praying for some fast relief and for us to be able to deal with this.

5 comments:

Candy said...

Jen,
I'm so glad you have a blog! I am addicted to reading, so you will get lots of comments from me. I'll probably read through your old entries when the kids go to bed! :)

Leslie said...

sorry he's feeling so yucky...but now at least you know what it is and how to help.

destiny said...

Ditto on Candy's comment!!! I'm so glad you are a blogger--I can keep up with you now!

destiny said...

Oh, yeah--and I'm sorry about the diagnosis, but like you said, at least now you know. Maybe he will get some relief with the meds.

Ashlie said...

Hi! I was so excited to see that you have a blog! I hope your son will get a little relief from the treatments. Maybe the allergist can come up with a "cure-all."