Monday, January 07, 2008

2007 Year in Review

stolen from my friend Leslie.


2007 In Review

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Went to Canada/Niagara Falls
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No, I never keep them since it's always to exercise more and eat better. This year I made the same...maybe it will be the year! I also made the resolution this year to stop collecting paper crafting supplies and actually start paper crafting.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my dear friend Kathryn that's in NE had her third baby girl.
4. Did anyone close to you die? A family friend
5. What states/countries did you visit? Wow...lots! Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Viriginia, DC/Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Maine, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Texas and Canada. Of course some of these were with the move...wonderful benefit of being military. :)
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? Warm weather. ;) More discipline to read my Bible...putting my spirituality at a higher priority.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 15th...I saw my favorite performer in concert in Manchester, NH, John Mayer with my good friend Kathy. BLAST!! September 1st, DH got promoted. Also, November 14th, the day we said goodbye to all our friends in Massachusetts.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I can't think of an achievement really. Isn't that sad?!
9. What was your biggest failure? Not sticking with an exercising routine and eating too much junk.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I suffered from Mono...had symptoms for nearly six months. And even once in a while, I get a reoccurance.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My new house!
guess there wasn't a number 12 LOL
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Well I found something out that makes me so mad/sad/angry, but that was the first of 2008.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Vacations and a new house
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving and buying a new home close to home.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Any from the Continuum CD since I play it over and over and over and over and over and over and over...
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? happier b) thinner or fatter? I think fatter c) richer or poorer?
poorer...we have utilities now! ONLY thing I miss about base housing!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? experienced more of New England before we left.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
ate
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Went to extended family's for Christmas Eve, spent Christmas day here just the four of us and then that evening, my sweet aunt and uncle who live here came by for a visit.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
No
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Dancing with the Stars/American Idol/Friday Night Lights
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No...I can honestly say that I don't hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read? Patricia Cromwell's "Book of the Dead"
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Corrine Bailey Raye and Alicia Keys
26. What did you want and get?
A new house, new bedroom furniture, and PCS orders to LA
27. What did you want and not get?
I got everything I wanted and more.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Spiderman III
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 34. My dear friends, Beth and Kathy took me out to the Border Cafe (gosh I miss that place!!).
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?Not having to worry about that stupid lump on my neck that was nothing.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
that if you layer enough, a bra is not really necessary! LOL!
32. What kept you sane? Great friends, my mom coming for a Fall visit. Doing lots of fun activities with the kids.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Well there's no surprise who my favorite celeb is...but honestly I really enjoyed watching rookie running back Adrian Peterson (former OU SOONER) playing a phenomenal year with the Minnesota Vikings and earning the "Offensive Rookie of the Year".
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Not sure, I guess the whole Rosie/Elisabeth thing. I have a very hard time tolerating Rosie.
35. Who did you miss? family and then when we moved in Nov, I missed Beth and the kids, Kathy and the kids...other friends, friends from church.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Kelly, my new friend here and I guess Kathy since I did meet her in -07...seems like I've known her and Emily and Alex and Tate forever!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
To not talk about things that bother me about another person with others...if I have a problem (or question about something) with someone/something, I should go to that person. I put myself and a dear friend in a very uncomfortable situation last year and then I felt so convicted and sorry. I immediately went to the person and apologized and I felt so embarrassed and ashamed, even though I had to let her know.
.38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I couldn't even think of anything.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
that if you layer enough, a bra is not really necessary! LOL!

that is hilarious...I think that too and it works! ROFL!

got your message...dixie45fitz@yahoo.com

and don't forget you changed your username on SJ to Jen-Jen before the move. if you still have trouble contact them and maybe Megan or someone will help you!