Yes, Jonathan's not a baby/toddler/preschooler anymore! :( He started Kindergarten yesterday. I did ok. Actually the night before, as I was putting him to bed, it hit me like a ton of bricks and of course some tears were shed. Then, after the boys were asleep, Nate and I went to check on them and they were snuggled up together...in the same bed. Seth knew and was actually having some anxiety as well about big brother going to 'real' school. The morning came and I was still doing ok. Nate was here to help and he wanted to be there too. Then the kids lined up and headed for their class...Jonathan turned around and waved. I got teary eyed, but amazingly I don't think any of them fell out. When I picked him up, of course I asked him if he'd had a good day and he firmly said, "No". Okay...I say, "Why?" He says, "I couldn't open my water bottle and I knew I couldn't ask for help."...that broke my heart and made me realize I need to remove the safety plastic. Then he told me he missed Seth. Sweet brothers.
1 comment:
It's so hard watching your child go off to school isn't it? I hope you're all getting used to it now :)
Hugs, Lynn
Post a Comment