Sunday, September 10, 2006

5th Anniversary of 9/11

It's been 5 years tomorrow. I'll never forget what I was doing. Jonathan turned 9 months old that day. I remember Nathan busting through the door of our base home in Wyoming and running to our bedroom screaming, "Turn on the TV!"!!! As a fluke, I was sleeping in that day. Jonathan amazingly slept later than 7AM. We just sat in front of the TV in total shock. I remember holding my baby and never wanting to let him go. I felt so protective of him, that day in particular. I remember calling my mom. I remember not being able to leave the base for a couple of days and for the first time in my "military life" being under a Threatcon Delta...the highest security level possible. I remember not being able to get Jonathan's 9 month portraits made. I remember crying myself to sleep that night.

I pray for the families and friends of the victims of 9/11. I pray for our great nation and realize in the grand scheme of things, often what I think is of complete importance, is totally not.

Now what were you doing when you doing on that horrible day 5 years ago tomorrow?

Hole In The World
by the Eagles

There's a hole in the world tonight.
There's a Cloud of fear and sorrow.
There's a hole in the world tonight.
Don't let there be a hole in the world tomorrow.

They say that anger is just love disappointed.
They say that love is just a state of mind,
but all this fighting over who will be anointed
.Oh how can people be so blind.

There's a hole in the world tonight.
There's a Cloud of fear and sorrow.
There's a hole in the world tonight.
Don't let there be a hole in the world tomorrow.

Oh they tell me there's a place over yonder,
cool water running through the burning sand,
until we we learn to love one another
we never reach the promise land.

There's a hole in the world tonight.
There's a Cloud of fear and sorrow.
There's a hole in the world tonight.
Don't let there be a hole in the world tomorrow.

2 comments:

Oscar T. Grouch said...

Hi, this is very touching.

Gina said...

Love the music video in your blog! Was just reading the 9/11 post, perfect choice of song.