What kind of music reminds you of the fun times when you were growing up. It could be when you were very young, or during your teenage years. List specific songs and music artists/groups.
Basically when I was young, I remember listening to the kind of music my parents liked. They were semi-hippy, well my dad was an all out hippy (LOL!), so they liked the classic rock music of the 60s and 70s...The Doors, Led Zepplin, Leonard Skynard, Jimmy Hendrix, The Who, ZZ Top, The Doobie Brothers, Neil Young (blech!) and as time went on, Foreigner, Heart, Journey, Styx, Van Halen, Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles. Even to this day, I like most of these groups. Everytime I hear "Free Bird", I think of my dad automatically.
But as I grew into my teenage years, I began to explore different types of music on my own. I began to like softer rock, more 'bubble gum' type of rock I guess you could say. I liked Madonna (eek!) and remember skating away to "Material Girl" in Jr High! LOL!
I got out of that phase pretty quick and went 'back to my roots'. I started liking heavier rock groups like Def Leppard (Hysteria album just rocks). T Mechelle, do you remember crusing the main 'drag' listening to Hysteria over and over and over and wishing we could be in Shreveport seeing them live? And then remember the time in someone's (forgot if it was Travis or Shane's???) truck and everyone was fighting and or breaking up and again Hysteria was playing over and over?! LOL! Great memories! I also loved Motley Crue, Metallica, KISS, Cinderella, Slaughter, Warrant, AC/DC, Guns and Roses, Damn Yankees, Queensryche, Poison, Skid Row (oh man was I in love with Sebastian Bach and seeing him now...yuck!), Whitesnake, and a few other hair bands that I'm not remembering at the moment. This music remind me of some good, fun times growing up, perhaps growing up a little too quickly. Sometimes I shudder at the thought of some of the things I did. Risks I took, obviously not using good judgement, but I don't regret that time for anything. I will always remember my dear friends who were right there with me :) and continue to enjoy thinking about these fun years.
French Bistro Salad
2 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment