Sunday, May 28, 2006

Fun Weekend

Went down to Connecticut overnight. Had a great time visiting the shoreline/Long Island sound. Mystic is beautiful! Very fascinated by the submarines at the Groton sub base. The boys loved riding a real steam engine! Rhode Island's neat! Small!!!!!! DUH!

When we got home last night, I had a message on my phone from my old boss here. I have only seen her once since I've been back. About two months ago, I went in and said hello...we caught up and exchanged numbers. I told her that I missed working there (in the mortgage industry), but I felt like I needed and wanted to be home with my boys a bit longer. Anyway, like I said, she called last night and said she needed to talk to me and to call her back. So I did. No answer. Left a message, but got ancy and called again today. No answer. Now I'm dying to know what she wanted!!

Is she going to offer me a job? Do they want me to come back to work? That was the most fun place I've ever worked! I loved it! Great pay and since I'm not 'living on the economy', it's even better! BUT...I have my two sweet boys now. I love being home with them. I love being a kid right along with them. I love seeing their milestones and just seeing their faces and hearing them laugh all day. They are only young once. Who knows, she might be wanting to tell me something else. Maybe some gossip! LOL! Maybe I'm just getting all worked up and shouldn't even be thinking about it. But I can't help it. One part of me strongly desires to go back to work. I think both boys would thrive in daycare and besides, Jonathan starts K in the fall. And I think I need an outlet here. The much extra income would be welcomed and actually needed, but...I'm saying but alot...sorry. Oh and I have to think about daycare. Do they have spots? That's the deal breaker/winner.

We'll see. If she doesn't call me tomorrow, I'll call her at the office on Tuesday.

No comments: